HLFX.Ru Forum
профиль •  правила •  регистрация •  календарь •  народ •  FAQ •  поиск •  новое •  сутки •  главная •  выход  
HLFX.Ru Forum HLFX.Ru Forum > Разработка игр > Наши проекты > Nikki Shore - Single Player Mod
  Предыдущая тема   Следующая тема
Автор
Тема Новая тема    Ответить
CRxTRDude
Dude extraordinare

Дата регистрации: Apr 2014
Проживает: (void)

Рейтинг

Half-Life Nikki Shore - Single Player Mod

Hey guys. I want to announce that I will be making a single player mod for XashXT called Nikki Shore. It's still on the editing stage. I already have ideas on the story plot and setting, so it's out in the planning stage. The plot is like Max Payne with a hint of Batman, only the character is a woman and is a private investigator instead of a vigilante cop.

What I have done now:

• Done some stealth mechanic (thugs cannot see in the light)
  • A parachute mechanic which I don't know where to put in the plot, but might be useful.
  • Added textures and made some sample maps to show the mechanics.

What will be placed:

• A tazer weapon replacing the crowbar.
  • A cellphone weapon that you can use to answer calls and replacing the flashlight mechanic.
  • Some guns (although more reliant of the tazer than the gun, probably a kill count similar to Mirror's Edge perhaps or increasing the difficulty or something, but that's just too far off the edge.)

--

• An urban setting with the use of stealth in some areas.
  • A helper character similar to Alyx in HL only basic, probably derived from Barney?
  • A singular hostage that ends the game if dies derived from a scientist.
  • Various thugs and boss character including a electric whip wielding bitch (good idea since it's just using beams in a spline and hitting the player, i think )

--

• Vehicles to drive along the city.
  • Probably some side-quests (or not).

What I can do is make just a small chapter or fraction of a game, like a teaser trailer when some of the functionality is completed (just weapons and a hostage perhaps and some thugs).

I also need some help in coding and probably some ideas about level design and support (if you guys can).

This game is actually part of a series of comic books that I've been working on as well. I might be posting some of the comics too.

BTW, is it a good idea to make a ModDB page for something like this?

Again, thanks guys to accommodate me here in the forums, even if I'm bothering most of you.

Сообщить модератору | | IP: Записан

Старое сообщение 16-05-2014 02:09
- За что?
a-kush-er
</kush>

Дата регистрации: Sep 2011

Рейтинг

Цитата:
CRxTRDude писал:
This game is actually part of a series of comic books that I've been working on as well. I might be posting some of the comics too.

posting-posting

Старое сообщение 16-05-2014 19:04
- За что?
Ku2zoff
Мастер Ёда из Деревни Дуракоф

Дата регистрации: Apr 2007
Проживает: В Деревне дураков

Рейтинг

Цитата:
a-kush-er писал:
A cellphone weapon that you can use to answer calls and replacing the flashlight mechanic.

Cry of Fear style?
Цитата:
CRxTRDude писал:
What I can do is make just a small chapter or fraction of a game

Well, you must make a small (2-4 maps) demo with some features you planning to realize. Such line of work guarantees that your mod development won't collapse at the beginning. Than, you may expand your mod by adding new maps and gameplay features. Are you the only developer?
I think, it's possible to create a medium-sized mod by one person. BTW, releasing the mod in separate episodes is good idea by single developer. (Take a look at LeFront's "Icon of Hell").

Старое сообщение 16-05-2014 19:40
- За что?
CRxTRDude
Dude extraordinare

Рейтинг

Цитата:
a-kush-er писал:

posting-posting

Yeah, I'll also try putting some concepts here too, since I intend to do the comic first then the game since the game's plot stems out from the comic. I'll see to it too when he comic is released, I'll post it here.

Цитата:
Ku2zoff писал:Cry of Fear style?

I haven't played Cry of Fear, but I intend the mechanic like this:

• Using a trigger once, it triggers a multi_manager that will first turn on the hud_sprite, then turn on a multisource that enables a small portion of the map to be used (much like a buy zone in CS).
  • the cellphone weapon is activated, and if it's in the 'phone zone', you can press the primary fire to activate hence triggering a multi_manager, from there, you can maks some sequences or just spew env_messages to the player.

I involves both coding and mapping, so it's heck of a daunting task. I'll ask questions, once the modeling for the taser and phone is finished.

Цитата:
Ku2zoff писал:
Well, you must make a small (2-4 maps) demo with some features you planning to realize. Such line of work guarantees that your mod development won't collapse at the beginning. Than, you may expand your mod by adding new maps and gameplay features. Are you the only developer?
I think, it's possible to create a medium-sized mod by one person. BTW, releasing the mod in separate episodes is good idea by single developer. (Take a look at LeFront's "Icon of Hell").[/B]

You're right though, that's what I've been doing the past days, making sample maps to test features and when the time is right, maybe a bigger map incorporating all the features (except for some).

For now, the comic was made by me and my best friend while this was just a side track by me alone, I'm really notorious for not finishing one thing off, but I'm trying to accomplish either one of them and I hope I would finish this one, despite just a 2-4 map demo. I would hope though that there would also be a coder that can help me too since as you can see on my posts, i'm weak at coding.

I think also that episodes are good venture too. I intend Nikki to be such.

Старое сообщение 16-05-2014 22:44
- За что?
CRxTRDude
Dude extraordinare

Рейтинг

Nikki Shore ~ Preliminary Source Code

I've placed the source code for Nikki here as reference for questions that I'll be asking here in the forums. That way, you can see the sloppiness of the code. Feel free to examine them and check errors as well.

Here is the link:
Nikki_2014-18-05.zip
-size: 6.12 MB (6,425,706 bytes)
-contents: Nikki Shore source code for Visual C++ 6.0

These are built for VC++ 6, although you can use Code::Blocks as IDE and use The VC++ 6 as compiler and it still works. I'll make a tutorial later with regards to migrating to Code::Blocks for people who want to still use the VC++ 6 compiler on Windows 7 to compile XashXT there.

Anyhow, enough BS, here's the run down

What works:
- Everything in XashXT
- Parachute code - link
- Code for bodygroup pain tracer. - link

What doesn't work:
- Vehicle code (compiles but cannot be used in-game).

Unfortunately the mod files are still bulky (a hefty 200+ MB), I couldn't place them so that you can test, but I'll try to reduce that (removing maps and unnecessary shit ).

If Nikki Shore goes 0.3 or even 0.5 (when some of the features can be seen), I'll go ahead and make a GitHub folder for this (I have a Github account already for my previous endeavors)

If you have problems with the link for the source code, PM me.

Добавлено 18-05-2014 в 16:34:

Oh yeah, forgot about stealth mechanics from the VERC archives:

http://twhl.info/articulator.php?art=175

Старое сообщение 18-05-2014 07:34
- За что?
Тема: (Опционально)
Ваш ответ:

Переводчик транслита

[проверить длину сообщения]
Опции: Автоматическое формирование ссылок: автоматически добавлять [url] и [/url] вокруг интернет адресов.
Уведомление по E-Mail: отправить вам уведомление, если кто-то ответил в тему (только для зарегистрированных пользователей).
Отключить смайлики в сообщении: не преобразовывать текстовые смайлики в картинки.
Показать подпись: добавить вашу подпись в конец сообщения (только зарегистрированные пользователи могут иметь подписи).

Временная зона GMT. Текущее время 18:46. Новая тема    Ответить
  Предыдущая тема   Следующая тема
HLFX.Ru Forum HLFX.Ru Forum > Разработка игр > Наши проекты > Nikki Shore - Single Player Mod
Версия для печати | Отправить тему по E-Mail | Подписаться на эту тему