HLFX.Ru Forum
профиль •  правила •  регистрация •  календарь •  народ •  FAQ •  поиск •  новое •  сутки •  главная •  выход  
HLFX.Ru Forum HLFX.Ru Forum > Теория и практика > Half-Life SDK > BUzer Shadows with NO cracked opengl32.dll
Is it possible and how to implement?
  Предыдущая тема   Следующая тема
Автор
Тема Новая тема    Ответить
Napoleon321
Admiral

Дата регистрации: Jan 2017
Проживает: Sofia

Рейтинг

Question BUzer Shadows with NO cracked opengl32.dll

Hello Team,

I hope you're doing good.

I have a question regarding BUzer's shadows implementation. I'm looking for a tutorial (or a mod that has them implemented with released SDK), preferably one that does NOT use the cracked opengl32.dll

I'm the coder/developer behind a multiplayer mod called: FlatLine Arena https://www.moddb.com/mods/flatline-arena

And I was hoping to implement those shadows, with no fear of playing online on VAC secured servers and getting banned...

I would really appreciate your help. Credit will be given for the help.

Thanks in advance.

If you don't like something, MOD it!

Сообщить модератору | | IP: Записан

Старое сообщение 24-11-2021 01:59
- За что?
Ku2zoff
Мастер Ёда из Деревни Дуракоф

Дата регистрации: Apr 2007
Проживает: В Деревне дураков

Рейтинг

As far as I know, it's impossible. Because GoldSRC has no stencil buffer enabled by default. You can try to implement shadow maps (see Trinity Renderer 3.08f source code).

Цитата:
Napoleon321 писал:
with no fear of playing online on VAC secured servers and getting banned...

Latest GoldSRC builds remove opengl32.dll (no matter hacked or not) from root Half-Life directory at the engine start. It's hardcoded anti-cheat feature. Therefore even singleplayer Paranoia can't use its custom renderer.

Отредактировано Ku2zoff 24-11-2021 в 03:14

Старое сообщение 24-11-2021 03:07
- За что?
Napoleon321
Admiral

Рейтинг

Ku2zoff, that's interesting...

If the engine on Steam has removed the opengl32 dll... what will happens if we rename it (including in the code) and we change it's location (for example put it in the dll or cl_dll directory)?

For example, I hate to spam the Half-Life directory with custom dlls... the dll used for the fmod integration (fmod.dll) I placed under my mod's dll directory...

And it's not even called "dlls"... I experimented with the liblist.gam and on my directory is actually called "bin".

Старое сообщение 24-11-2021 07:34
- За что?
Ku2zoff
Мастер Ёда из Деревни Дуракоф

Дата регистрации: Apr 2007
Проживает: В Деревне дураков

Рейтинг

Цитата:
Napoleon321 писал:
what will happens if we rename it (including in the code) and we change it's location

It will not work. OpenGL32.dll is linked to hw.dll, and necessary calls to set up stencil buffer are made by hw.dll, not client.dll. You'll need to hack hw.dll to call your renamed and replaced library.
Цитата:
Napoleon321 писал:
I experimented with the liblist.gam and on my directory is actually called "bin".

Works only for server dll, client.dll always located in "cl_dlls", and on Windows only. Linux version still trying to load server library from "dlls" folder, no matter what you wrote in liblist.gam.

Отредактировано Ku2zoff 24-11-2021 в 15:32

Старое сообщение 24-11-2021 15:26
- За что?
Napoleon321
Admiral

Рейтинг

Thanks for this clarification. I didn't knew about the Linux versions... and the limitation of the liblist.gam file... That's a bit lame from Valve's side. And speaks a tone about if they care for crossplatform builds...

Still... my mod does not support Linux at the moment... I mean I don't know how to compile it for Linux...

Отредактировано Napoleon321 24-11-2021 в 16:20

Старое сообщение 24-11-2021 16:19
- За что?
Тема: (Опционально)
Ваш ответ:

Переводчик транслита

[проверить длину сообщения]
Опции: Автоматическое формирование ссылок: автоматически добавлять [url] и [/url] вокруг интернет адресов.
Уведомление по E-Mail: отправить вам уведомление, если кто-то ответил в тему (только для зарегистрированных пользователей).
Отключить смайлики в сообщении: не преобразовывать текстовые смайлики в картинки.
Показать подпись: добавить вашу подпись в конец сообщения (только зарегистрированные пользователи могут иметь подписи).

Временная зона GMT. Текущее время 21:01. Новая тема    Ответить
  Предыдущая тема   Следующая тема
HLFX.Ru Forum HLFX.Ru Forum > Теория и практика > Half-Life SDK > BUzer Shadows with NO cracked opengl32.dll
Is it possible and how to implement?
Версия для печати | Отправить тему по E-Mail | Подписаться на эту тему